Whether you are buying or selling a property, property lawyers are essential for all your property projects. They have the experience to handle all the issues that can arise from property transactions – a tricky web of loopholes and fine print. But property lawyers aren’t just going to help you skip all the page-by-page contract reviews, with their knowledge, skills and resources, they can handle:
- Retail and commercial leasing
- Investment property development
- Infrastructure and project funding
- Building contracts and projects
- Risk assessment
- GST advice
- Dispute resolution and litigation
Some of the main reason individuals might employ property lawyers to solve include:
Most firms will offer a fixed price for conveyancing services and this is usually the best route to take. Your lawyer will begin by surveying the property’s history to ensure that you don’t inherit any unpaid utilities or rates owed to the property. These conveyancing lawyers will communicate between all the parties involved this includes meeting with the bank, buyer/seller representatives, and organising the final payments and ownership transfer. With conveyancing services, all the legal paperwork can be settled with minimal hassle.
Powers of Attorney
Powers of attorney agreements enable trusted individuals with the power to make important decisions concerning your valuable assets. For this reason, it is essential to have a legal document that clearly stipulates what these individuals can and can’t do. Powers of attorney documents come in different forms, including:
- A general power of attorney who is a trusted person you have appointed to make financial or legal decisions on your behalf. This appointment becomes invalid once you lose the ability to make decisions on your own.
- An enduring power of attorney who is someone appointed to make financial and legal decisions if you lose the capacity to make your own decision.
Will and Estate Lawyers
When it comes estate planning, look for a property lawyer you can rely on. This will make all the difference throughout the many meetings you will have to have with them. It is during these initial meetings that personal information will be gathered to help draw up a will that accounts for your specific lifestyle. This includes a wide range of legal matters, including:
- Simple Wills
- Testamentary Trust Wills
- Disability Trust Wills
- Letters of Administration
- Survivorship Application
- Estate Lawyers
- Powers of Attorney